C.R.S. Section 36-3-118
Application to enter

  • requirements

Any citizen of the United States, or any person having declared his intention to become a citizen of the United States, over the age of twenty-one years, may make application, under oath, to the board to enter any of the land in an amount not to exceed one hundred and sixty acres for any one person. The application shall set forth that the person desiring to make such entry does so for the purpose of actual reclamation, cultivation, and settlement in accordance with the act of congress set out in section 36-3-103 and the laws of this state relating thereto and that the applicant has never received the benefit of the provisions of this article to an amount greater than one hundred and sixty acres, including the number of acres specified in the application under consideration. Such application must be accompanied by a certified copy of a contract for a perpetual water right, made and entered into by the party making application, with the person, company, or association which has been authorized by the board to furnish water for the reclamation of the lands. If the applicant has at any time entered land under the provisions of this article, he shall so state in his application, together with the description, date of entry, and location of the land. The board shall file in its office the application and papers relating thereto and, if allowed, issue a certificate of location to the applicant. All applications for entry shall be accompanied by a payment of twenty-five cents per acre, which shall be paid as a partial payment on the land if the application is allowed. All certificates, when issued, shall be recorded in a book to be kept for that purpose. If the application is not allowed, the twenty-five cents per acre accompanying it shall be refunded to the applicant. The board shall dispose of all lands accepted by the state under the provisions of this article at a uniform price of fifty cents per acre, half to be paid at the time of entry and the remainder at the time of making final proof by the settler.

Source: Section 36-3-118 — Application to enter - requirements, https://leg.­colorado.­gov/sites/default/files/images/olls/crs2023-title-36.­pdf (accessed Oct. 20, 2023).

Green check means up to date. Up to date

Current through Fall 2024

§ 36-3-118’s source at colorado​.gov